Pour yourself a glass of chat

Ice Cold

Posted: December 7th, 2010 | Author: | Filed under: Uncategorized | 6 Comments »

Thought I would share with everybody that it is -33C and I left my water bottle in Brent’s car for 1.5 hours to return to almost a litre of water frozen. That is faster than my ice pops freeze in my freezer at home!

The item that the water in was my dear and best friend nalgene. Sadly Nalgy I (R.I.P. Nalgy no. 1 always my favourite, forever) got lost down south, now anything could have happened to it, either I just abandoned it at a public location, dropped it in fear of moose, or accidently disposed of it with out concious decision so I could treat myself to a new Nalgy II with trees on. I did replace Nalgy I with a Nalgy replicar. They are the best things since sliced bread, and it goes absolutely everywhere with me. It does mean I;ve bee drinking about 3 ltr of water aday, and many toilet visits.

Brent’s car is always cold and I think this is a perfect time to share a story of how my boyfriend likes to cause me pain. On the way down south:

Me: “Brent can you please turn the heat on?”

Brent responded in action not words, swizzling it all the way round to the cold side.

Funny? I do not think so. that day too was below 30.

6 Comments on “Ice Cold”

1. 1 Carl said at 3:31 pm on December 7th, 2010:

I like Brents sense of humour already.

2. 2 bethany said at 3:40 pm on December 7th, 2010:

You two together would be evil to me, it is never going to happen. And two computer programmers; my computer would never be the same again.

3. 3 Monty S. Powers said at 11:01 am on May 24th, 2013:

4. 4 Silver Price said at 3:47 pm on July 5th, 2013:

Canonically, Craddock calls for a single dash of lemon juice and four of orange. Taking an official dash at 1/8 tsp, the lemon and orange hardly made themselves known at all, and would doubtless prove insufficient to ameliorating an unsavory bootleg gin. At twice that volume it’s still a stiff gin drink with a bit of color and a minty nose… no, we found best a 4x multiplication of citrus, and thought in the end a bit more yet might serve well. The palate can only endure so much experimentation, alas, and so we settle on the recipe presented here. The mint — increased to 6 leaves from 4 — acquits itself well, thanks to a vigorous muddling, and plays very nicely with the orange.

5. 5 Burl P. Nash said at 7:22 am on July 10th, 2013: